I know it's not the prettiest picture- but hey- we were roughing it ;)
This made four good sized packets.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 3-4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- You will need to triple layer the tinfoil packets- so each packet with be three layers thick of tinfoil.
- So size out three fairly big tinfoil sheets and layer them up. In the middle of the sheet put 1/4 of the chicken, onion, tomatoes and garlic.
- The spices listed were what I used- so about a pinch on each packet.
- Drizzle it all with a little olive oil.
- Then take the end closest to you and farthest from you and pull up like a tent. Fold/crimp and roll together the ends to create a seal and continue to roll them down until you reach the chicken. Then take the ends on the right and left and seal/crimp- then roll up like the first time. Here's an idea of what they would look like.
- Cook for about 30 minutes on a medium grill. I rotate my packets to the size with more heat then the side with lower heat. Keep the lid closed too.
- When they are done, be careful because they will obviously be hot and steam will escape when opened. I actually had forgotten how long they were cooking so I just opened one up to check if they were done- if it isn't pink you're good.
- Just unwrap the packet and go to town with a fork! I served with large store bought garlic knots.