My first recipe on my new blog! This blog differs a bit from my original because this one is for more decadent-I'm-not-counting-calories sort of recipes. Not like everything will be deep fried and containing buckets of butter but sometimes you need to indulge a bit.
This was adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe. I made a couple tweaks and used PB frosting instead of cream cheese.
PS: AP = all purpose flour. I also always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
Buttermilk Chocolate Cupcakes (12 cupcakes)
- 1/4 of quinoa flour (or any other flour you want- even A.P.)
- 1/2 cup of AP flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 6 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp of canola oil
- 6 tbsp of butter milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Either spray a tin or line with cupcake cups.
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredients: the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Whisk until combined.
- In another large bowl add the wet ingredients- sugar, oil, buttermilk and eggs. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dry to the west in three installments. Whisk each installment until combined and then repeat until everything is incorporated.
- Scoop an even amount into each cupcake tin- filling only about half way so as to not overflow when baking.
- Cook for about 20 minutes. Test doness with a toothpick- if the toothpick comes out clean they are done. Take out and let cool- meanwhile we can prep the frosting.
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp of buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup of powder (confectioners) sugar
- In a bowl whisk everything until combined and smooth. Then put into a piping bag or ziplock with end snipped off and decorate as desired.